NONTOXIC. FASTER. MORE EFFECTIVE.
Emory Industrial is a leading provider of dry ice blasting services throughout the United States. We began as an ice cleaning company and have completed dry ice blasting projects throughout the United States. And because of that focus, our professionals are experienced experts in the blasting process. Simply put, our equipment and staff are the best in the business.
WHAT IS DRY ICE BLASTING?
The process looks a lot like the pressure washer you’d use in a self-service car wash. But with dry ice blasting, solid carbon dioxide (CO2) is the cleansing medium, not water.
HOW IT WORKS
- Using compressed air, dry ice in a pellet or shaved form is accelerated through a hose and nozzle at a high velocity.
- The cold temperature of the dry ice creates a thermal shock that helps break the bond between the substrate and the contaminant.
- When the dry ice hits the surface, it instantaneously changes from a solid to a gas, and the volume of the dry ice expands 800 times and causes micro gas explosions that pull the contaminant off of the substrate from the inside out.
- The outcome is a clean surface. The process effectively removes residues, contaminants, dirt, oil, paint, grime and more without damage to the surface and without water.”
WHAT WE CLEAN
BENEFITS OF DRY ICE CLEANING
- Reduce Downtime: Significantly quicker process leads to increased production time.
- Increases Efficiency: Clean equipment online, while eliminating need for cooldown and disassembly.
- No Secondary Waste: Dry ice blasting does not produce secondary waste streams, residue or moisture.
- Non-Abrasive: Dry ice is a soft media that will not harm substrates.
- Easily Remove Heavy Buildup: Oil, bitumen, corroding agents, etc.
- Safely Remove Surface Contaminants: Failed coating, corrosion, soluble salts, chloride, etc.
- Operator Safe: Eliminates need for chemicals and repetitive, manual processes.
- Non-Conductive: Dry ice is a good grade media and is safe for commercial use.
- More Efficiently Allocate Labor: The process reduces time, labor, and resources needed.