DRY ICE BLASTING
WHY DRY ICE BLASTING?
Dry ice blast cleaning is the cleanest, the leanest and greenest method available to clean your facilities and equipment.
WHAT IS DRY ICE BLASTING?
The process looks a lot like the pressure washer you’d use in a self-service car wash. But with dry ice blast cleaning, solid carbon dioxide (CO2) is the cleansing medium, not water.
HOW IT WORKS
- Using compressed air, dry ice in a pellet or shaved form is accelerated through a hose and nozzle at a high velocity.
- The cold temperature of the dry ice creates a thermal shock that helps break the bond between the substrate and the contaminant.
- When the dry ice hits the surface, it instantaneously changes from a solid to a gas, and the volume of the dry ice expands 800 times and causes micro gas explosions that pull the contaminant off of the substrate from the inside out.
- The outcome is a clean surface. The process effectively removes residues, contaminants, dirt, oil, paint, grime and more without damage to the surface and without water.
WHAT WE CLEAN
BENEFITS OF DRY ICE CLEANING
- Reduce Downtime: Significantly quicker process leads to increased production time.
- Increases Efficiency: Clean equipment online, while eliminating need for cooldown and disassembly.
- No Secondary Waste: Dry ice blasting does not produce secondary waste streams, residue or moisture.
- Non-Abrasive: Dry ice is a soft media that will not harm substrates.
- Easily Remove Heavy Buildup: Oil, bitumen, corroding agents, etc.
- Safely Remove Surface Contaminants: Failed coating, corrosion, soluble salts, chloride, etc.
- Operator Safe: Eliminates need for chemicals and repetitive, manual processes.
- Non-Conductive: Dry ice is a good grade media and is safe for commercial use.
- More Efficiently Allocate Labor: The process reduces time, labor, and resources needed.
SEE OUR DRY ICE BLASTING GUIDE
We are passionate about dry ice blasting! We are 100% confident in dry ice as the most effective and best cleaning media in the market today. That’s why we built a business around it!